The T20 World Cup 2021 will be held in October-November this year. Earlier scheduled to be held in India, the ICC T20 World Cup event is likely to move to the UAE this year. Read more about T20 world cup betting sites, odds, predictions, tips and more.
Cricket fans cannot wait to visit T20 World Cup betting sites to wager on the upcoming ICC World Cup T20 event, which is arguably the world’s biggest and most popular cricket competition. Look at the table below for the best T20 World Cup betting sites and the bonuses they offer:
T20 World Cup Betting
The T20 World Cup 2021 will feature 16 teams, comprising of the top nine ranked full members of the International Cricket Council (ICC), in addition to India. They will be joined by six teams that have qualified for the ICC T20 World Cup event by participating in the 2019 ICC T20 World Cup Qualifier competition.
The ICC World Cup T20 will offer a lot of betting opportunities causing cricket fans to rush to T20 World Cup betting sites. The most popular betting options at T20 World Cup betting sites include:
- Outright Winner: This is the simplest form of cricket world cup betting you would want to do at T20 World Cup betting sites, wherein you have to bet on the team that you consider more likely to win the T20 World Cup final and top the T20 World Cup winner list 2021.
- Top Batsman: This is another type of bet offered at T20 World Cup betting sites wherein you back your prediction as to who will score the most runs in the ICC world cup T20 tournament.
- Top Bowler: T20 World Cup betting sites also offer this type of bet on which you wager on the bowler you think will take the most wickets in the ICC T20 World Cup competition.
- Match Winner: Another bet offered at T20 World Cup betting sites is based on predicting which of two teams will win in a particular game.
- Highest Sixes: You can make this bet at T20 World Cup betting sites to predict which batsman will hit the most sixes in a game or in the whole tournament.
- Man of the Match: You use T20 World Cup betting sites to predict which player will have the greatest influence on the outcome of the match.
Women T20 World Cup Betting
The Women’s T20 World Cup was last held in 2020. The next edition of the Women’s T20 World Cup will be held in 2023 when T20 World Cup Betting sites will be offering cricket fans the same kinds of cricket world cup betting opportunities as the men’s ICC T20 World Cup event.
T20 World Cup Teams 2021
The following 10 full members of the ICC have qualified automatically for the T20 World Cup 2021:
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- West Indies
Note: Of the above, except for Sri Lanka and Bangladesh, the other teams have qualified for the Super 12-second phase of the T20 World Cup. To help decide which four teams will join the other eight ICC full-members in the Super 12, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh will compete with the other six non-full-member teams who have qualified via the 2019 ICC T20 World Cup Qualifier tournament. Those six qualifier teams are as follows:
- Papua New Guinea
History of ICC World Cup T20
Find the list of previous ICC World Cup T20 winners in the table below.
|Year||Venue||Winning Team||Runner Up Team|
|2012||Sri Lanka||West Indies||Sri Lanka|
As you can see from the table, India won the inaugural T20 World Cup in 2007, beating Pakistan in a thrilling game that went to the wire. Two years later, Pakistan won the trophy, before England won the third edition and their first ICC multi-team event.
West Indies made the trophy their own in the fourth ICC T20 world cup. Sri Lanka who had lost on two previous entries into the T20 World Cup final made it third time lucky beating India in the title clash in 2014.
In 2016, West Indies became the first team to win the T20 World Cup 2021 twice, pulling off a miraculous win against England by scoring 20 runs in the last over.
T20 World Cup Betting Odds
The Cricket World Cup betting odds will depend on various factors:
- Venue: Before they decide on the cricket world cup betting odds, bookmakers will consider the past performances of the teams in the fray at the venue. Even a team that is higher ranked may not be considered a favourite to win if that team has a poor record at a particular venue.
- ICC rankings of teams and players: The relative rankings of teams and players can help decide which team the world cup odds will favour in a given game.
- Injuries/ Availability of key players: World cup odds may not favour a strong team missing their best players on a day, owing to injury or other indisposition.
- Schedule/ head-to-head comparison of teams: One team, though stronger, maybe playing back-to-back matches, while the rival team may have had several days of rest owing to poor scheduling.
Note: The actual world cup odds will be published closer to the ICC world cup T20 event. We will keep you updated.
T20 World Cup Betting Predictions
If you would like to predict which team will top the T20 World Cup Winner list 2021 and help make a success of your world cup betting effort, you must back any such prediction with data.
For example, we can consider the win-loss record of various teams since January 2019. As the ICC World Cup T20 event could be shifted to the UAE, India will stand to lose the home advantage.
However, they have the second-best win-loss ratio of 1.9 since 2019. England rules the roost with a W/L ratio of 2. Of the rest, New Zealand, Australia, and Pakistan have respective W/L ratios of 1.7, 1.6, and 1.07. Based on these figures, India and England are considered the strongest and are trailed by New Zealand, Australia, and Pakistan.
But with the World Cup several months away, these stats may not tell us anything, as various factors, such as availability of the best players and form displayed by key players, could change. We will keep you updated with predictions as we approach the event.
T20 World Cup Betting Tips
Before you begin betting on the T20 World Cup online, consider the following T20 World Cup betting tips:
- Betting on cricket is considered a game of skill. So, before you begin betting on the T20 World Cup online, ensure that you are thoroughly familiar with the tournament, which teams are playing, how they rate against each other, and so on.
- Even if you know the game well, you will need to do a lot of research and base your betting decisions on hard data. You must analyse the current form and ratings of players and teams. Never allow emotions to dictate your betting decision.
For instance, to predict the outright winner, we would have to consider the rankings and recent form of the various teams. While weighing the performance of a team, we must also consider how they performed in the home and away matches, and the quality of opposition, among other things.
To predict the best batsman and bowler, we must consider the form displayed by various players in recent games, including domestic T20 leagues. Consistent performances in such competitions as the IPL or PSL would give us a good indication of form.
To predict the winner of a match, we would need to consider the head-to-head comparison between the teams featured. We must also look for recurring patterns, such as the performances of a batsman against a certain bowler.
- Pay attention to weather conditions prevailing on the day of the match. Consider the host venue of the match and the type of wicket the game is likely to be played on.
- Always define the maximum you are willing to lose on a day and stop betting when you have reached that limit.
T20 World Cup Live Betting
When you bet live on the T20 World Cup, you can bet on in-play outcomes as a match unfolds, such as when the next wicket will fall, how many runs will be scored in an ongoing over, and so on.
Let’s take a look at some advantages of live betting:
- More accurate forecasts: You cannot foresee what will happen in a match before it has started. On a given day, a favourite team or player may underperform, or an underdog may enjoy the best match of his life. Live betting allows you to make sensible forecasts based on actual events while a match is in progress.
- Changing odds: Odds offered in live betting can change rapidly as a game unfolds, allowing you to take advantage and earn bigger profits.
- Intuitive betting: Live betting allows you to make better use of your intuition and knowledge of the game based on actual events on the cricket pitch.
- Greater Excitement: By its definition, live betting implies that you can keep on betting throughout a match on various outcomes. Thus, you will experience greater involvement and excitement, especially considering the unpredictable nature of cricket and the many twists and turns it entails.
T20 World Cup Betting Sites FAQs
Find more details about the T20 World Cup Betting in the following FAQ section.
Which Are the Best ICC T20 World Cup Betting Sites?
In our considered opinion, the following are among the best betting sites to place bets on the T20 World Cup matches:
- bet365: Every cricket fan would want to enjoy the bet365 Cricket World Cup range of betting markets, with the greatest choice in T20 World Cup cricket betting. Daily match coupons, quality live streaming and multiple currency options make bet365 cricket world cup offers a bettors’ favourite.
- Betway: Betway offers an intuitive platform for newbie T20 World Cup cricket bettors, with many deposit options and exciting in-play betting options.
- 1xBet: 1xBet is very India friendly, offering a wide choice of markets and a great live betting feature for T20 World Cup betting. Indians will enjoy the Hindi language option and local customer support.
- ComeOn: ComeOn makes a special effort to woo Indian bettors with a large T20 World Cup cricket betting section and many payments and deposit options.
How to Bet on the T20 World Cup?
You will find it quite simple to bet online on any of your preferred T20 World Cup Betting sites. We will hand-hold you through step-by-step instructions on how to bet online on the T20 World Cup:
- Visit your chosen T20 World Cup Betting sites, using your phone or computer
- Furnish accurate personal information to register
- Create your user-id as well as password
- Make your initial deposit into the sportsbook account, with a proven safe mode, such as Skrill/Neteller or another e-wallet
- Select the match you want to place a bet on
- Place your bet
- Furnish appropriate documentation to fulfil KYC requirements
Are Bonuses Available for T20 Cricket World Cup Betting?
Yes, the best T20 World Cup Betting sites are offering bonuses for T20 Cricket World Cup betting. We have mentioned the basic bonus offers in the table at the start of this article. Please visit these T20 World Cup Betting sites for more details.
When is the T20 World Cup?
The T20 World Cup is scheduled to be held from mid-October to mid-November 2021.